Graph Error .rrd too small

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

bogens81

Graph Error .rrd too small

Post by bogens81 »

Gents,

I'm new with cacti can someone help me..
Attachments
cacti-poller.jpg
cacti-poller.jpg (118.87 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
TheWitness
Developer

Re: Graph Error .rrd too small

Post by TheWitness »

The question is what did you change? If you switched from 32bit to 64bit RRDtool, you have to first dump your RRDfiles to XML and them re-import them into the 64bit RRDtool version. They are NOT architecture independent. Same if going from AIX to Linux for example. Good luck.

If this is a new install then I would think that maybe where the files are ran out of space. But normally, only like one file will be damaged when you run out of space. This looks more like the former issue.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
bogens81

Post by bogens81 »

TheWitness wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:48 am The question is what did you change? If you switched from 32bit to 64bit RRDtool, you have to first dump your RRDfiles to XML and them re-import them into the 64bit RRDtool version. They are NOT architecture independent. Same if going from AIX to Linux for example. Good luck.

If this is a new install then I would think that maybe where the files are ran out of space. But normally, only like one file will be damaged when you run out of space. This looks more like the former issue.
Thanks for the input, this is new installation using windows 10 to be precise now I change the RRD version and I got a different error as show below. I read in previous post that this "Pango error" can be solve by changing the RDDTool version and I did from 1.7 to 1.8. However, no luck i still got this error. should i use rrdtool-1.2.15-cygwin-1.5.20 instead? any suggestion that can help me solve this problem is welcome.

My apology but this is my 1st time using cacti. Your help would be much more appreciated.
Attachments
pango.jpg
pango.jpg (122.93 KiB) Viewed 1428 times
Osiris
Cacti Guru User

Post by Osiris »

Change your Graph Templates from SVG to PNG.
Before history, there was a paradise, now dust.
Osiris
Cacti Guru User

Post by Osiris »

The minimum version is 1.4, but you might get cacti to work with that old version of RRDtool. However, you will run into all sorts of problems if you try and use any of the new template features.
Before history, there was a paradise, now dust.
bogens81

Post by bogens81 »

Osiris wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:30 am Change your Graph Templates from SVG to PNG.
Hi Brother,

After i change the template to PNG that graph shows blank.. as show below.
Attachments
pango.jpg
pango.jpg (102.65 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
bogens81

Post by bogens81 »

bogens81 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:58 am
Osiris wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:30 am Change your Graph Templates from SVG to PNG.
Hi Brother,

After i change the template to PNG that graph shows blank.. as show below. BTW im using rrdtool-1.8.0-bin-mingw32 and mingw64 but still got this blank issue now.
bogens81

Post by bogens81 »

bogens81 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:02 am
bogens81 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:58 am
Hi Brother,

After i change the template to PNG that graph shows blank.. as show below. BTW im using rrdtool-1.8.0-bin-mingw32 and mingw64 but still got this blank issue now.
Attachments
pango.jpg
pango.jpg (102.65 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
bogens81

Post by bogens81 »

Hi Brother..

thank you so much appreciated. some of the graphs are working now..