Favorite Cherry Audio Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just picked up the Dreamsynth, and OMG... those presets alone are AMAZING. It's really a gem!

I love Surrealistic MG-1 Plus.
Viper, Nordlead 2X, Moog Little Phatty Stage II, Synapse Orion Platinum

brouculy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:22 am I love Surrealistic MG-1 Plus.
Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but if not - me too!
Seriously - there are some really interesting was to play patches with both the mono and poly oscs.

I don't own even one, so my answer would have to be none.

JoeCat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:45 am
Seriously - there are some really interesting was to play patches with both the mono and poly oscs.
I really like the leads & bass sounds from MG-1 Plus. Honestly I like it over my other commercial Moog clone VSTIs (Arturia Mini, Legend, Minimonsta..etcs). I'm also looking forward to Moog Rogue VSTI from Cherry Audio.(You know Rogue has very similar architecture with MG-1 from its development history). :)
Viper, Nordlead 2X, Moog Little Phatty Stage II, Synapse Orion Platinum

I like Voltage Modular a lot; I have a lot of modules for it, some of my favorites are the ARP 2500 and Moog 900 series module clones. I also have the CA 2600, MG-1, and the mono SEM clone they released last year. I think I'll probably pick up Harmonia in the near future, I really enjoyed playing with the demo.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Sines is excellent for clear, modern, hifi sounding pads. A complete departure from their usual vintage MO.

me too, i liked "sines" sound quite a bit.

But i had problems with it within my Host of choice. (GP)
never checked back so far if some update might have fixed my issues.

I like the GS80 - can make some lovely sounds

brouculy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:58 am
I really like the leads & bass sounds from MG-1 Plus. Honestly I like it over my other commercial Moog clone VSTIs (Arturia Mini, Legend, Minimonsta..etcs). I'm also looking forward to Moog Rogue VSTI from Cherry Audio.(You know Rogue has very similar architecture with MG-1 from its development history). :)
I'm old enough to remember having seen these at RadioShack, and stupid enough not to have purchased one and kept it. :dog:

Although it's one of their oldest plugins, I really like CA2600. I don't have a 2600, but I do have an Odyssey (which is pretty similar), and I've been pleasantly surprised how much it can sound like the Odyssey. More importantly though, I just like the sound of it, and it's fun to play with.
Stormchild

JoeCat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:05 pm
brouculy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:58 am
I'm old enough to remember having seen these at RadioShack, and stupid enough not to have purchased one and kept it. :dog:
I still have my Moog Rogue. It would be easy to use the MG-1 code for a Rogue freebie. If anything the Rogue is more limited than the MG-1. The only real advantage of the hardware Rogue was the performance wheels, the 1/4" outputs, contoured osc sync and the fully adjustable keyboard tracking. In every other respect the MG-1 is more flexible.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great post, nice to see other's answers, and kudos to Cherry Audio for making affordable cool synths !
I own :
- PS20, bit hard to comprehend for me but it has such character, I will spend more time to know it, wish there were more video tutorials on how to program it
- CA2600 : maybe one for the real synth nerds, I failed to love it so far
- MemoryMode : I think this one is easy to program and sounds really good to me

Next I will buy Dreamsynth soon as it does sound fantastic ...
And you guys made me wanna check out the Mercury 4 and 6 too :D

In a way its VM. But the one which inspired me to play most is the VA 2600. Alone for its ability to have the second voice make an oscillator modulate the others from voice 1… The other 2600 emulations can‘t do that…
I owned a 2600 some decades ago, and Cherry‘s version was the only one to get me back into that area… I can compare to Timewarp and Arturia…

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:30 pmParameter lock on synths should be standard, imo.
Amen to that! Afaik, only Spectrasonic and u-he have fully implemented this. Or are there others?

Return to “Instruments”