How do people update their Plugin Alliance plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got a bunch of them, more that 20 or so, I can't remember every single one. The so called plugin manager doesn't tell you which ones you have installed or even which ones you own.

It seems I would have to:

1 - go to the website and see what I have bought
2 - manually delete each individual plugin from my system
3 - redownload and install them.

Is that really what they expect you to do?
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

kenny saunders wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:35 pm Is that really what they expect you to do?
I tend to upgrade mine one at a time, but the PA Installation Manager can upgrade and register all your plugins at once. There's no need to delete previous installs. You can look at your plugin folder to see what you have installed.

kenny saunders wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:35 pmThe so called plugin manager doesn't tell you which ones you have installed or even which ones you own.
Plugin Alliance Install Manager > Show: My Products or My Trials :wink:

Etienne1973 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:55 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:35 pmThe so called plugin manager doesn't tell you which ones you have installed or even which ones you own.
That's not an option if you own (rent) all of their plugins. I hardly ever update them and use PA plugins less and less.

webhamster wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:13 pm I hardly ever update them and use PA plugins less and less.
I rarely update mine ... I wish PA would inform me when an update is available. I just checked my account and 2 of my NEOLD plugs were updated months ago. I hope they work as expected now.

webhamster wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:13 pm
That's not an option if you own (rent) all of their plugins. I hardly ever update them and use PA plugins less and less.
PA Installation Manager > Show: Subscription Bundles

PA Installation Manager > Show: My products >Select all > Download & Install

...then go login to the website and manually download half of them because the PA installer installs the wrong versions...
derp

PA‘s installation manager is half baked, at best. At least it should alert you if there are updates available and install them. But no. The best it can do is to reinstall all of your products, and sometimes it seems to fail at that rather simple job as well. 🤷

Manually by looking at the website and going down the list. Fortunately, I only have to check 2 now instead of 40, since I’ve deleted most everything from them.

kenny saunders wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:35 pm I've got a bunch of them, more that 20 or so, I can't remember every single one. The so called plugin manager doesn't tell you which ones you have installed or even which ones you own.

It seems I would have to:

1 - go to the website and see what I have bought
2 - manually delete each individual plugin from my system
3 - redownload and install them.

Is that really what they expect you to do?
Yeah their plugin manager is one of the worst in terms of actual plugin management (it basically doesn't) but some people seem to like its ease of use and speed (even though you can't rely on it to install the right version all the time) - I think of it more as a batch download tool than an actual plugin manager.

When I encounter a problem with one plugin, I go to the website to see if there’s a new version available from my user panel.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Oh yeah, thanks I didn't notice that.

I just hope all the plugs I previously downloaded are vst3 and not a mix. I'll assume all of their plugs in the last 3 years have had vst 3, so I would have chesen vst 3 as std
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

One of the reason I still use PA plugins is their easy installation app. So much easier and more customer friendly than most other companies' plugin install apps.

I just reinstall all of my plugins every once in awhile, since PA does such a poor job of alerting users to updates.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Effects”