Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 513
Posts: 513   Pages: 52   [ Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 31894 times and has 512 replies Next Thread
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: smilesmile Join "MyOnlineTeam" Today - Chapter 23 smilesmile

I'll be expecting something creative when I get home from school. smile

Lucky you. You get to go to school ... I get to go to the dentist today to get my choppers polished. biggrin

flag
----------------------------------------

[Jan 15, 2008 4:05:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Senile old farts of the world ....uh.....uh..... nevermind
Project Badges:

We will fix the wrap in a couple of minutes.

Stay tuned for full details of this release. There are some other interesting items coming....

(for a hint look at http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewGlobal.do?xml=true )

I'll be expecting something creative when I get home from school. smile

It's in Member News now. Some nice additions I think!
Join/Website/IMODB

[Jan 15, 2008 5:09:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

By the way, despite the fact we're going to win our challenge with the Edwardians by a comfortable margin due to the absence of their top producer, we need to stay strong and keep putting up good numbers. We're going to be lucky this time - might not happen next time.

Blizzie, your machines are turbo-hardcore but I'm wondering if it's worth it. According to WCG, points are given out based on comparisons to a "standard machine." The better one's machine is than the standard one, the more points one gets. However, this is only up to double the power of that machine. If the standard machine is is less than half as good as your rigs (which might be the case) then your overclocking might not be helping you at all. Does anyone know what the standard machine specs are?
[Jan 15, 2008 6:10:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Jonathan - I think you may be getting confused with the benchmarking of the old UD client rather than Boinc who's benchmarking has nothing to do with a 'standard machine'.

With Boinc, although everyone in the quorum gets the same credit - overclocking means you crunch the units faster, hence you crunch more units in the same time as a stock machine and therefore get more points overall wink
[Jan 15, 2008 6:39:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Jonathan, assuming your premise is correct, would Blizzie still be ahead because he would finish more WUs in the same amount of time than if he de-OC'd to that double standard machine point?
Join/Website/IMODB

[Jan 15, 2008 6:39:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

By the way, despite the fact we're going to win our challenge with the Edwardians by a comfortable margin due to the absence of their top producer, we need to stay strong and keep putting up good numbers. We're going to be lucky this time - might not happen next time.

Let's not count our chickens yet. It's only the second day of 28. There is still PLENTY of time for who knows what to happen. Nite Owl could find a way to keep his crunchers going while he's gone too. Let's take it one day at a time.
Join/Website/IMODB

[Jan 15, 2008 6:45:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Let's not count our chickens yet. It's only the second day of 28. There is still PLENTY of time for who knows what to happen. Nite Owl could find a way to keep his crunchers going while he's gone too. Let's take it one day at a time.

Well said Keith!! A lot can happen in 28 days ... it ain't over 'till it's over. Nite Owl could be faking with his left while punching with his right. laughing

Nice bunch of people those Edwardians!! smile

Back from the dentist. Now I have clean teeth biggrin biggrin ... but still have a dirty mind.

flag

[Jan 15, 2008 7:29:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

I noticed our newest member, nmasum, has not returned a result yet but opened a thread in the chat room. I redirected him/her here in case any assistance is needed.

flag

[Jan 15, 2008 7:57:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

I noticed our newest member, nmasum, has not returned a result yet but opened a thread in the chat room. I redirected him/her here in case any assistance is needed.

flag

Thanks Dataman! Neat, we can add Bangladesh to our list of countries now. I hope we hear from nmasum here!
Join/Website/IMODB

[Jan 15, 2008 8:39:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

We will fix the wrap in a couple of minutes.

Stay tuned for full details of this release. There are some other interesting items coming....

(for a hint look at http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewGlobal.do?xml=true )

I really like it--adds some color to the page smile
[Jan 15, 2008 8:48:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 513   Pages: 52   [ Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread