Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1028 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
biggrin How many active members are there?

I run my Dell box at 100% CPU useage and remove the side cover to reduce heat within the comp. box.
I rely upon the comp. to heat my small office/bedroom with the window open during the winter months in southern Ontario.
[Sep 4, 2012 12:26:47 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: How many active members are there?

You can check here. The number of active users will change day to day, but this will give you an idea.
http://boincstats.com/en/stats/15/project/detail
Cheers
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sgt.Joe at Sep 4, 2012 2:23:56 AM]
[Sep 4, 2012 12:43:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mikey
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

I run my Dell box at 100% CPU useage and remove the side cover to reduce heat within the comp. box.
I rely upon the comp. to heat my small office/bedroom with the window open during the winter months in southern Ontario.

I have 13 pc's running here at my home right now, the circuits are getting too hot to run more, my outlet covers are PHYSICALLY HOT to the touch if I plug too pc's many in! MOST of my pc's also run with the side over off and a couple even have an external fan blowing into the case! Most of my pc's run gpu's that also crunch full time making my basement temp 85F right now! I have a floor style a/c unit AND the whole house a/c running full time and that is as cool as it gets in the summer time!! I have a 3 story house and have pc's on all 3 floors! I live 20 miles South of Wash9ington DC in Northern Virginia. My problem is pc's are my hobby and over those 13 pc's I have 32 cpu cores and 11 gpu's crunching 24/7/365 at full power. I also have over half a dozen pc's that could be running if I had more power, each with at least a dual core in them.

[Sep 4, 2012 1:38:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mikaok
Senior Cruncher
Finland
Project Badges:

Some are more active than others. Here are some legendary threads for you to look into.

Over 200'000 ppd at home - This is for you

And some pictures
The Solar System Initiative - SSI
Pics of your FARM!
to infinity and beyond

[Edit 1 times, last edit by mikaok at Sep 4, 2012 3:48:17 PM]
[Sep 4, 2012 3:46:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

These threads are only causing depression. To top it off: http://bit.ly/WCGMEM for the unadulterated truth... just over 13 percent active of the WCG members [incl. those who never moved from UD agent to BOINC], but that's still 31% of the worldwide BOINC active ;>)
[Sep 4, 2012 4:42:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

i think you can help increase members. you can mention this project in the comments under news articles about health or diseases. you can mention it in any other forums. you can put it on your family's pc's when you visit them.
[Sep 4, 2012 6:56:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

These threads are only causing depression...
(Emphasis mine).

What concerns me is what is at the end of that depression. If that depression leads to WCG needing to push GPU-computing harder if only to relieve the depression, yes, let's have more depression-creating CPU-computing news/developments! biggrin
;
[Sep 4, 2012 10:46:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Amr Adam
Advanced Cruncher
Egypt
Project Badges:

I think that the best marketing for this initiative is the mouth to mouth marketing/push. i personally got like 15 PCs in my company in the initiative over the past two weeks (since i heared about it) all of them through one on one discussions.
[Sep 7, 2012 8:23:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread