Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 502
Posts: 502   Pages: 51   [ Previous Page | 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 64923 times and has 501 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Ripple Labs

242 XRP from 1 day on 1 machine! not bad...

@ Mamajuana

Just looking from the sidelines, can you satisfy my curiosity? Your 1 machine returned 30DaysRT/80,076Pts/101Res yesterday and that equates to 242XRP?

And when you workout the exchange mechanusm, what does 242XRP equal in GBP?
I think it will return more than that in a full day, that was only the first day...

The exchange rate appears to vary wildley, so would not like to predict what XRP's would be worth at any given point. The link provided by twilyth list many currencies. I chose GBP and looked at the details by clicking on the GBP:Bitstamp link. This shows how the value currently is unpredictable even unstable at this stage in it's life...

I'll be watching for some stability...
[Jan 30, 2014 7:32:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jonnieb-uk
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Tks Falconet smile
----------------------------------------

To Join follow this link: Join the UK Team All Welcome! UK Team thread
[Jan 30, 2014 7:34:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Right now, 242 XRP are worth £0.69. It has been pretty low for a while.
You are better off trading XRP for USD or EUR or even BTC:
Many thanks Falconet...

How many XRP's would I get per day if I turned all my farm over to the Ripple account? I know, how many cores do I have?

Never really added them all up! Plus I have some sitting idle at the moment...

May be I'll count them up, what do you guys think?
[Jan 30, 2014 7:40:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
twilyth
Master Cruncher
US
Project Badges:

Mamajuana: Actually XRP's are pretty stable lately if you look at a chart denominated in BTC or USD.

The reason that chart looks so dodgy is because there don't seem to be a lot of trades going from XRP to Sterling.

Whenever you have a relatively illiquid market, as that particular one seems to be, you get aberrations like that. When the market is liquid, things appear a lot more stable as you can see here for the XRP-USD exchange rate.

What you'll probably need to do is exchange XRPs for BTCs and then convert those to Sterling. It's unfortunate that you need to go through the extra step, but until XRPs are more widely used, converting them to bitcoins or some other globally common currency is probably the best way to go for now.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by twilyth at Jan 30, 2014 7:46:34 PM]
[Jan 30, 2014 7:44:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Mamajuana: Actually XRP's are pretty stable lately if you look at a chart denominated in BTC or USD.

The reason that chart looks so dodgy is because there don't seem to be a lot of trades going from XRP to Sterling.

Whenever you have a relatively illiquid market, as that particular one seems to be, you get aberrations like that. When the market is liquid, things appear a lot more stable as you can see here for the XRP-USD exchange rate.

What you'll probably need to do is exchange XRPs for BTCs and then convert those to Sterling. It's unfortunate that you need to go through the extra step, but until XRPs are more widely used, converting them to bitcoins or some other globally common currency is probably the best way to go for now.
Yes, I see, thanks again twilyth, changing to BTC then GB£ looks like the best way to go, shame about the exchange costs/commission!

Still shall not be changing any just yet... I'll keep an eye on it.
[Jan 30, 2014 7:50:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

I used Justcoin. I sent BTC from Ripple, then I converted to EUR in the website (converted 23 EUR but only received 18 because of a 5 EUR fee for the bank transfer), I went throught their verification process (utility bill and such) and then I sent the money to my bank account using my IBAN.

It's easy cool

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Jan 30, 2014 9:47:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks Falconet, is that a fixed 5 EUR fee per transaction?
[Jan 30, 2014 9:57:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

Yeah, they say the 5 EUR are to cover their banking costs.
But it only for withdrawing money to a bank account.

When trading, I think they have a 0.5% fee.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Falconet at Jan 30, 2014 10:15:33 PM]
[Jan 30, 2014 10:01:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

so the larger the transaction, the better value then? works for me...
[Jan 30, 2014 10:29:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello Everyone, I am new to this. I followed the instruction on computingforgood.org and have a ripple wallet. When I checked my stat at computingforgood.org, it shows there is couple of payout to my account. But I do not see any update in my ripple wallet. is there a time period that I have to wait? Thanks?
[Feb 3, 2014 3:15:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 502   Pages: 51   [ Previous Page | 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread