Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 293 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
reinstall 5.2.13 can't get work

I had problems that I couldn't figure out so I deleted my boinc directory and started again with a new install of 5.2.13. I am using Libranet 2.8.1 I was able to attach to the project WCG, yet when I try to get work via update all I get is "request_ reschedule_cups: project op"
I read about this in the wiki, I am not sure how long I have to wait for any kind of update.
Also and I know that this is not your issue but when I try to attach to other projects it doesn't recognize my e-mail and password or account key. I have WCG also running on a windows box, wu is done yet it won't get more work, after upload.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
[Dec 7, 2005 7:11:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
confused Re: reinstall 5.2.13 can't get work

Your windows box won't download more units either is what you're saying? They are both on the same network I assume?
[Dec 7, 2005 7:16:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: reinstall 5.2.13 can't get work

Your windows box won't download more units either is what you're saying? They are both on the same network I assume?

I am using dial-up so only one online at a time. All other internet functions work fine.
I also neglected to indicate that when I run ./run_manager I get "init_poll: get _socket_error(): 111" Not sure if this has any significance.
[Dec 7, 2005 7:30:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

If the Windows host is waiting to send results then after you dialup your connection, open up the WCG and it should display a message saying it is paused for some reason. Simply click OK and it should fairly immediately try to contact the WCG server. I do this whenever I lose my connection for various reasons (broadband down, firewall, etc.).

I just got a very helpful tip on how to get the Linux boinc agent to wake up. Look in this forum for my message "Trouble getting work units". Follow the instructions to stop boinc, edit the client_state.xml and re-start boinc. Again, do this after the dialup is established so it will successfully talk to the WCG servers.
[Dec 7, 2005 8:04:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Sorry for taking so long to get back. I was able to get things working by going into "Commands" and selecting "Run Always", and "Network acticity always available" this got everything running.
[Dec 10, 2005 7:08:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread