Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6192
Posts: 6192   Pages: 620   [ Previous Page | 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 536705 times and has 6191 replies Next Thread
swiftmallard
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Minnesota Crunchers

Great job, Dear!
[Jan 19, 2013 9:27:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kateiacy
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

One million Boinc credits for me!

Congratulations!
----------------------------------------

[Jan 19, 2013 10:55:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Well folks I haven't been at these forums in a while so thought I'd check in. My numbers dipped a bit recently because my machine with the AMD 7870 had something get corrupted in Windows causing the GPU crunching to fail in WCG and then one of the 2TB drives in the RAID-5 array failed. Got the drive replaced earlier this week and decided to just restore the backup of the boot drive from about 10 days ago and it's crunching fine again. The AMD A8 in my laptop continues to GPU crunch as well. Sadly the 7770 in my other machine has never worked as a GPU cruncher, tried all kinds of stuff. Maybe it is because that is Win2008R2 instead of Win7? Who knows. Games all run fine on it. :)

See this Sekerob reply.http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/...ead,34572_offset,0#408695
It may be you need to use that older BOINC version.
Cheers

Don't think that's my problem... WCG CPU tasks work fine on the server box, just the GPU tasks fail immediately. I've tried different versions to no avail.
[Jan 21, 2013 12:57:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Today I tried installing the latest catalyst (13.01) on the server and that didn't help at all, however I noticed that GPU-Z was still not reporting OpenCL support.
I had to manually dig through the Catalyst installer files and find the OpenCL installer - that ran fine and now I'm GPU crunching on that machine!

I also tried the new app_config method on the other box to do multiple GPU WUs per card, running 4 WUs at a time on the 7870 there now.
[Jan 21, 2013 4:39:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Today I tried installing the latest catalyst (13.01) on the server and that didn't help at all, however I noticed that GPU-Z was still not reporting OpenCL support.
I had to manually dig through the Catalyst installer files and find the OpenCL installer - that ran fine and now I'm GPU crunching on that machine!

I also tried the new app_config method on the other box to do multiple GPU WUs per card, running 4 WUs at a time on the 7870 there now.

Glad you got it solved. Bet your stats will jump now. smile BTW how's the new house holding up in this weather ?
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jan 21, 2013 10:14:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

That 7870 will do more. Mine is doing 8 with crunching times around 8 minutes or less.
Crunching for humanity since 2007!

[Jan 22, 2013 2:14:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Just jumped to 341 pages of PV jail from about 140.
BTW, someone want to turn the heat up outside. To frigid for my old bones.
Crunching for humanity since 2007!

[Jan 23, 2013 3:45:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Just jumped to 341 pages of PV jail from about 140.

At least it did not get as cold as they originally predicted, but cold enough to make it real winter. Looks like we are in for a while of subzero nights, but some moderating days.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jan 23, 2013 12:01:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

bearcat, I made us large mugs of cocoa,
lit a lot of candles and made a virtual bonfire in your fireplace,
so let's let our hair fall down and put up our legs
and suck up the warmth right into the marrow of our old bones ...

Hello Minnesota Crunchers

[Jan 23, 2013 3:35:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Hello LM. Welcome back.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jan 23, 2013 4:21:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 6192   Pages: 620   [ Previous Page | 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread