Great tip, Meggy!
Leslie
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Re: Tips and Tricks - Misting

Post by letumom »

Ayla wrote:
beachlover wrote:thanks for the tips girls! I have been shaking those bottles up too much, I know that for sure now :winkb: can't wait to go home and practice the new techniques! I defintely have lots of colors to ply with :-D

and why do I have this funny image in my head of Laura flying around in a field, with wings, spritzing the land with Glimmer Mist :-D :winkb: :-D
I have a similar image, but it also involved the neigbors laughing uproariously lol.

ROFL
Laurie

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

Thanks, everyone for the tips! Great for this month's challenge that Meg posted.
Laurie

AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

Thanks for the tips Meg. I've always had the wrinkle problem with glimmer mist and I'm the Queen of puddles. LOL Will keep this in mind next time I mist. Thanks!!! :)
Image ImageImage

bfaretra
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 27

Post by bfaretra »

4peasinourpod wrote:we also learned at CHA that shaking the bottle is not recommended....rolling between your hands is better ;)

yes - I learned the same thing at the CKC in Charlotte this weekend
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 749

Post by lilkoala3 »

Am I the only one who actually PREFERS my mist to look splotchy? I think it looks more fun and funky! So my question is this - how do I make my misting look more splotchy? I've used GM, Maya Mist, and Smootch Spritz, and it seems to me that Maya Mist is the splotchiest. What do you guys think?
Leslie
AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

I haven't tried Maya mist but I purposely splotch as well! I'm a shaken not stired girl ;)
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
Janell
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 588

Post by Janell »

Great tip Meg! Thanks!
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

lilkoala3 wrote:Am I the only one who actually PREFERS my mist to look splotchy? I think it looks more fun and funky! So my question is this - how do I make my misting look more splotchy? I've used GM, Maya Mist, and Smootch Spritz, and it seems to me that Maya Mist is the splotchiest. What do you guys think?

I don't know if Maya is more splotchy, but some of their mists are opaque, so they look a little splotchier. I do think my Smooch is the smoothest (less splotchy)...and I don't mind splotchy either! I heard shake the heck out of it for more!
GCinderella21
Cherry Tart

Post by GCinderella21 »

Great tips about not shaking the bottle too much! I think that's what happened when I tried it for the first time in one of my classes.
I got a small bottle to take home, so I'll have to try this new tip out the next time I try it.

Also, thanks for the tip on keeping it flat. I used it on canvas in my class and it curled when it dried. Luckily, I was able to stretch it and pull it straight.

I'll use the weighted down technique next time!
cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

Now i'm kind of curious if this will work with Perfect Pearls in a mini mister...My first attempt with it was on vellum that i inked...not only did i have puddles but it looked all wrinkly and that was not what i was looking for
ImageImage
SusanZennario
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 357

Post by SusanZennario »

AmyTeets wrote:The more you shake the more blotchy it will come out. Gently tip up and down to mix then spray.
beachlover wrote:thanks for those tips, very helpful! here is a question; most of my GM's come out 'splotchy' and uneven no matter how much I shake the bottle before use... how can I avoid this?

At Valley Forge I watched the guy demonstrate how to "mix" Glimmer Mist that has settled. He said to NEVER EVER shake the bottle. Instead if you have the smaller rounded bottles (which a lot of mine are from the great sale they had there!!) roll them gently between your palms until the glimmer has mixed in. If you have the bigger bottles, gently tilt from one side to another top to bottom. This will eliminate air bubbles that can often cause blotches and uneven sprays. Honestly, I sorta like the blotches MOST of the time!

And as for your tip to stack weight on it and go work on something else, Meg. Where do you get YOUR patience from and do they have an online store because I need to buy some! I have no patience to go work on something else....so I will stick to covering my paper with papertowel and then ironing it! LMAO! Here's another tip if you DO iron it....make sure to wipe your iron even if it LOOKS like nothing is on it. TAKE MY WORD for it. My bf went to iron a pair of kahkies (sp) and the iron put a lovely sheet of Coffee Shop glimmer all over the front of them. "I have no idea why it did that honey". "No, of course I didn;t iron anything glittery'". He said GLITTER..not GLIMMER...there is a difference.
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams
SusanZennario
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 357

Post by SusanZennario »

lilkoala3 wrote:Am I the only one who actually PREFERS my mist to look splotchy? I think it looks more fun and funky! So my question is this - how do I make my misting look more splotchy? I've used GM, Maya Mist, and Smootch Spritz, and it seems to me that Maya Mist is the splotchiest. What do you guys think?

When I wanted really splotchy I dipped a paintbrush into Smooch Spritz and flung it on my paper. This is the result:

Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

That is a cool technique Susan!
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

SusanZenn wrote: Here's another tip if you DO iron it....make sure to wipe your iron even if it LOOKS like nothing is on it. TAKE MY WORD for it. My bf went to iron a pair of kahkies (sp) and the iron put a lovely sheet of Coffee Shop glimmer all over the front of them. "I have no idea why it did that honey". "No, of course I didn;t iron anything glittery'". He said GLITTER..not GLIMMER...there is a difference.
LOL...too funny!! You are right...glitter and glimmer are definitely different.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

JeanG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 5

Post by JeanG »

Thanks for the tips! I copied and pasted it into a word doc so I won't lose it!
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.
cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

My bf went to iron a pair of kahkies (sp) and the iron put a lovely sheet of Coffee Shop glimmer all over the front of them. "I have no idea why it did that honey". "No, of course I didn;t iron anything glittery'". He said GLITTER..not GLIMMER...there is a difference.

LOL! To avoid these kind of mishaps (esp with heat and bond and your good clothes...bad bad bad ) I bought a cheap iron that i found around back to school time (probably paid around 10 bucks or less) just for crafting...that way no mishaps. Because I don't think i'm motivated enough to clean my iron... ;) ;)
ImageImage
wahoo_mom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 195

Post by wahoo_mom »

Cool! Thanks for the tips AND the interesting mental image. :winkb:
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage
croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

Thank you for all the great tips...got me back into misting again :-D
scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Post by scraptag »

what if you put the paper on a sticky mat first? Just wondering if anyone has tried that.

Return to “Scrapbooking Tips”