Pet Care Affected by Obamacare and IRS

Moderator: ACOT Employee

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Pet Care Affected by Obamacare and IRS

Post by killarney_rose »

Furious! That's me in a nutshell. I've been fuming since last night and I am still fuming over it this morning.

We'll start with the IRS first. Yesterday the IRS released the 21 page form one has to fill out for Obamacare. Really!!!!???? What.....the IRS is now involved in my health!? What happend to HIPAA laws? Or has anyone in this country heard about Right to Privacy?

http://ifawebnews.com/2013/03/13/obamac ... e-the-law/

Then here comes the real clincher! MY PETS AND OBAMACARE?!

There will be a 2.3% Tax on all medical equipment including latex gloves. This affects your Veterinarian! This means we also will now be paying higher vet bills. We use latex gloves by the box when we take DNA to parent verify our cattle. And there is a host of other medical equipment we buy for the cattle not to mention our vet. That 2.3% means your meat and milk prices will go even higher.

As a fiscal conservative and just left of center on social issues I decide I would give both the right and left impression on the issue. Geezzzzz!!! The left and right see it the same way!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/1 ... l+Business

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/12/07/oba ... are-bills/

Now I'm writing my Senators and Representative!!! Between this and the gun stuff I'm frustrated beyond belief!

Thank you for letting me vent!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Re: Pet Care Affected by Obamacare and IRS

Post by blbabe1234 »

Kim, thank you for posting this. I am FURIOUS! In BOTH ways.

First, as a contractor and someone who works exclusively from home, I do not have health insurance. I cannot afford it on my own. As soon as DH gets hired full time, he too will get health insurance. We have to wait 60 days, then I too, will get it. However, now after reading those links, I am not sure if that is enough.

And secondly, the 2.3% hike on medical devices is ridiculous. That is just a bunch of CRAP! I'm SMH, right now, in disbelief.

I believe that the govt should NOT mandate the health care system. And don't even get me started on the gun thing. I am an American, and I DO KNOW my RIGHTS!

I will be forwarding DH these links, so he too, is aware of this. He is extremely active and trying to push the "Fair Tax". If anyone is interested, you can follow him on Twitter and Facebook. Just PM me. I'll hook you up.

With the Fair Tax, we get rid of the IRS AND this dumb@$$ thing called "ObamaCare".
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 733

Post by sherelm »

This is just another chip at our "freedom" in America. It's been going on and now getting worse.

I'm tired of them cutting out things that people that work - work for. This morning on my way to work - yes WORK - hard to believe, but I have a job - I passed this guy for the no less than 5th time this week, at the end of a bridge I had to cross, with a sign "Ye Must be Born Again" around his neck, while jiving to his music on his headset. I AM a Christian, thank you very much, but I do not think standing there NOT WORKING with a sign around your neck is what God had in mind. I think I'll make one that says "Ye Must get a JOB" and throw it at him tomorrow. They want to dictate our healthcare, and have us worker bees taxed to the hilt. Meanwhile the sign guy is no doubt on Medicaid, Welfare, Disability SSI and God only knows what else. STEALING. Maybe that's the commandment he needs to read. I'm tired of paying for these dead beats and low life morons that do nothing, while they now want to go after Social Security and tax us more.

My suggestion where the latex gloves are concerned is do not use any. Then wipe your hands on your Senator's deskpad. Maybe that'll get his attention.
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

OH dear. I'm very grateful for the medical assistance. I'm on Medicare and SS disability. If it weren't for that, I don't know what I'd do. I was injured at work (through no fault of mine). I had surgery and a nerve was cut. Here I am in horrible pain and on strong painkillers, without the ability to work. Another family member is on the states medical plan (thank goodness). I'm on the other side here. Sorry.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 733

Post by sherelm »

writerlady wrote:OH dear. I'm very grateful for the medical assistance. I'm on Medicare and SS disability. If it weren't for that, I don't know what I'd do. I was injured at work (through no fault of mine). I had surgery and a nerve was cut. Here I am in horrible pain and on strong painkillers, without the ability to work. Another family member is on the states medical plan (thank goodness). I'm on the other side here. Sorry.
NO. You miss what I'm saying. I'm GLAD for people like you and your famly member who really need it - these people that just are L-A-Z-Y - and that's their only issue - is the problem I have. If you need it, I'm certainly not against it!!
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

cherrycupcake wrote:
writerlady wrote:OH dear. I'm very grateful for the medical assistance. I'm on Medicare and SS disability. If it weren't for that, I don't know what I'd do. I was injured at work (through no fault of mine). I had surgery and a nerve was cut. Here I am in horrible pain and on strong painkillers, without the ability to work. Another family member is on the states medical plan (thank goodness). I'm on the other side here. Sorry.
NO. You miss what I'm saying. I'm GLAD for people like you and your famly member who really need it - these people that just are L-A-Z-Y - and that's their only issue - is the problem I have. If you need it, I'm certainly not against it!!
I see your situation as a separate issue. Legitimate disability is clear...it's the "entitlement" mentality that I have issues with. I see patients on a daily basis that can't even tell me WHY they receive disability benefits. They have never worked, have no intention of working, wouldn't want to if they were told to. That is a far different situation than yours is, Sandy. I get patients who have never worked, expect welfare handouts and then say "My healthcare doesn't cost anything. i can call an ambulance whenever I want." They refuse to see that it DOES cost money, it is the taxpayor who foots the bill. They then raise children with the same mind set, who will never know what it is like to have a working parent, or see someone earn an honest living. THAT is the kind of abuse of the welfare and health system that is absoolutely rampant! THAT is the kind of health care system that needs to be reworked, not taking benefits from the truly disabled who would be right back out there working if they were able. It's a whole different mindset.

OK...stepping off MY soapbox now.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

Ayla wrote:
cherrycupcake wrote:
I see your situation as a separate issue. Legitimate disability is clear...it's the "entitlement" mentality that I have issues with. I see patients on a daily basis that can't even tell me WHY they receive disability benefits. They have never worked, have no intention of working, wouldn't want to if they were told to. That is a far different situation than yours is, Sandy. I get patients who have never worked, expect welfare handouts and then say "My healthcare doesn't cost anything. i can call an ambulance whenever I want." They refuse to see that it DOES cost money, it is the taxpayor who foots the bill. They then raise children with the same mind set, who will never know what it is like to have a working parent, or see someone earn an honest living. THAT is the kind of abuse of the welfare and health system that is absoolutely rampant! THAT is the kind of health care system that needs to be reworked, not taking benefits from the truly disabled who would be right back out there working if they were able. It's a whole different mindset.

OK...stepping off MY soapbox now.

I totally agree with Nancy! It is the entitlement - people just want things handed to them and they not have to work for it. There is a big difference between being truly disabled and defrauding the government and costing us taxpayers money. Being a tax preparer I have NO USE WHATSOVER for the "Unaffordable" Care Act (as I call it). Just wait til we all get stuck on the government plan. My boss (who is extremely start - 2 degrees and 2 licenses) thinks the government will do away with private insurance. So like for self-insured companies (i.e. Target, AT&T) your company will have to pay the government for their employees insurance. Already this year, they now have a special box on your W-2 to report how much is being paid for health insurance (paid for your wages & your employers part). I already know how screwed up the IRS is; I have seen some of the stuff they have done. The stories would make you scream with laughter. No one could have thought they were a good idea to be "in charge" of our healthcare. Here's a good story for ya - my step daughter lives in Maine; my dh covers both of us in health insurance; we live in Oklahoma. It is mandatory by part of his child support. The ex-wife works for cash under the table; therefore she's on all sorts of state assistance. She's on MaineCare. Ex-wife never reports to Maine DHS that daughter has health insurance. We used to get letters all the time asking if she was covered, etc. So he called Maine one time, they said this happened all the time and they don't do anything about it. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?! :x:x:x:x It's not like it's cheap, either. She just doesn't want to pay the co-pay, I guess. But they should treat her as having a secondary insurance. The whole system is screwed up by Obamacare is NOT the answer.
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

As if vet bills aren't high enough already (says one who in the last 5 months has lost 2 pets, had 2 new pets, & had another's teeth cleaned!).

I'm w/everyone else on the entitlement. Certainly those who need help should get it, but there are tons who don't. That's why I vote the way I do - sorry, I don't get people who vote the other way & then complain that this happens. Recently we had a news story about how the mayor may ban panhandling downtown. The news interviewed a guy who was complaining about it, because he would lose his 'spot' which he has occupied for THE LAST 26 YEARS!!!!!! Really?!?? Sigh....
Image Image
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

We kind of went off track a little but this is part of the discussion on health care and one can say the same for disability and unemployment in the abuse of the system by individuals.

Sandy, I fully agree with a person is disabled and is in need of the stop gap measures we pay for in taxes and you payed for you need to receive that money.

Actually it is you and Bibi and others on the board who have reached the age they are receiving these benefits and those like me who will receive them in the future who I spoke to. I am also really concerned for those already in these programs who deserve to be. It is so scary when I think about my mother and what Obamacare will do to them now, not to mention later. Your benefits will actually go down.

Here's an interesting link to read without someone's blog spinning Obamacare:

http://www.obamacarewatch.org/primer/medicare

One of our good friends owns a health care business. She also raises Lowline Cattle and is lives just outside of Oklahoma City. She has grown from a Hospice company to other areas where she saw a need for senior health care as well as doctors who needed a job out of college. She provides home health services for seniors who live at home who can't make it to a doctor or has problems getting appointments. Now a hospital wants to buy her business. Remember Obamacare started to kick in this year. One of those measures is that hospitals will be fined 15% of the charges to a patient if that patient has to return to the hospital within 30 days. Now imagine seniors with ongoing health issues or even my age group in their fifties who begin to have health problems. Here are two immediate problems with this measure. Hospital costs will go up as patients will stay longer because the hospital will not want to pay that 15% and the conically ill may not be readmitted. Remember it's the pencil pusher behind a desk who decides whether or not to charge that hospital the 15% fine instead of someone who understands medicine. So now there will be less beds available, the overall cost of medicine will need to rise, and the overall quality of care will go down. The hospital sees my friend's business as the only way out. And you know they will charge more for the services she then she does especially if it is a hospital that is growing bigger with more hospitals in their group. We are consolidating medicine instead of letting the free market set the price and the expectation of continued high quality care we have known.

If your not up on what's really happening then you need to be....I feel I have to be because of my mother who is clueless when it comes to the details of what is happening.
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

killarney_rose wrote:
Here's an interesting link to read without someone's blog spinning Obamacare:

http://www.obamacarewatch.org/primer/medicare

One of our good friends owns a health care business. She also raises Lowline Cattle and is lives just outside of Oklahoma City. She has grown from a Hospice company to other areas where she saw a need for senior health care as well as doctors who needed a job out of college. She provides home health services for seniors who live at home who can't make it to a doctor or has problems getting appointments. Now a hospital wants to buy her business. Remember Obamacare started to kick in this year. One of those measures is that hospitals will be fined 15% of the charges to a patient if that patient has to return to the hospital within 30 days. Now imagine seniors with ongoing health issues or even my age group in their fifties who begin to have health problems. Here are two immediate problems with this measure. Hospital costs will go up as patients will stay longer because the hospital will not want to pay that 15% and the conically ill may not be readmitted. Remember it's the pencil pusher behind a desk who decides whether or not to charge that hospital the 15% fine instead of someone who understands medicine. So now there will be less beds available, the overall cost of medicine will need to rise, and the overall quality of care will go down. The hospital sees my friend's business as the only way out. And you know they will charge more for the services she then she does especially if it is a hospital that is growing bigger with more hospitals in their group. We are consolidating medicine instead of letting the free market set the price and the expectation of continued high quality care we have known.

If your not up on what's really happening then you need to be....I feel I have to be because of my mother who is clueless when it comes to the details of what is happening.
That is exactly why I fear it as a nurse...my job is on the line, because hospitals cannot afford this! People think hospitals make great money, but they don't. Health care is only going to get more and more expensive....not looking forward to this.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Return to “General Debate”