toNoodle Meet and Greet ~

toNoodle
Cherry Tart

toNoodle Meet and Greet ~

Post by toNoodle »

Hello everybody! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Cameron I am the primary instructor at tonoodle.com.

I am a professional photographer and I have been using photoshop as a primary tool for nearly 15 years. I got introduced to scrapbooking when my wife got addicted to the art form after the birth of my oldest daughter 14 years ago.

I started working for a Scrapbooking supplier about 4 years ago and got interested in where digital scapbooking was heading. So with my photoshop skills it was an easy transition to digital.

Now I am here to answer all of your questions, do a couple of quick demo's and have some fun!

Let the questions begin!

Cameron 
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Re: toNoodle Meet and Greet ~

Post by -Tracy- »

Hi Cameron! Welcome to ACOT and thanks for coming to the Crop!

I just gave a class yesterday and I'm having a problem. I use PSE 6.0 for MAC.  My PSE 6.0 for WINDOWS users were having the following problem.

I showed them how to drag and drop elements from the project bin to their layout. For me, this is great because it keeps the file name in the layer. Makes credits easy peasy. BUT,  when my windows users did this, they lost the transparency of the element. What do the window's users have to do differently?

I had them TILE their windows to drag and drop, but then you lose that handy layer name.

Thanks for any help you can offer! :)
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
xops
Cherry Tart

Post by xops »

Hello Everyone,

My name is Paul. I'm the behind the scenes guy working with Cameron on the toNoodle website. 

I've been involved with scrapbooking for over twelve years.  In 1996, I opened one of the first online scrapbooking stores on the Web.

I'll be happy to answer any of your questions that Cameron hasn't already answered. :-D
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

Is tonoodle a website to learn from, or is it something you buy & download, like a CD?
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

Hi Paul! Welcome to ACOT and thanks for joining us! :)
allysonc
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 150

Post by allysonc »

Hi you two! Welcome :)

Ally
Ally
xops
Cherry Tart

Post by xops »

SarahA wrote:Is tonoodle a website to learn from, or is it something you buy & download, like a CD?
toNoodle is a library of video tutorials for learning how to digital scrapbook using Adobe Photoshop products.  There are no CDs DVDs or anything to download.  We have several free video tutorials to try and if you like, you can subscribe to view the entire library as often as you want at any time day or night.
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

Welcome Cameron and Paul... this is all very intruiging!
toNoodle
Cherry Tart

Post by toNoodle »

ICanHasCherryOnTop wrote:Hi Cameron! Welcome to ACOT and thanks for coming to the Crop!

I just gave a class yesterday and I'm having a problem. I use PSE 6.0 for MAC.  My PSE 6.0 for WINDOWS users were having the following problem.

I showed them how to drag and drop elements from the project bin to their layout. For me, this is great because it keeps the file name in the layer. Makes credits easy peasy. BUT,  when my windows users did this, they lost the transparency of the element. What do the window's users have to do differently?

I had them TILE their windows to drag and drop, but then you lose that handy layer name.

Thanks for any help you can offer! :)
It is the same process in the windows version. However the windows version only recognizes transparency from a .psd file format. All png or tiff formats that have transparency will be flattened before placing them into the new document. When it flattens them it tosses the transparency information. One sure fire way to place an object into a file and retain the features you are looking for is to use the "place" command found under the file menu.

Cam
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

Oooo!!!!  Thanks!!  :-D

Another reason to LOOOVE my Mac! LOL!
xops
Cherry Tart

Post by xops »

ScrapGoo wrote: Welcome Cameron and Paul... this is all very intruiging!
Thanks,  we like to say that learning with toNoodle is like a smorgasbord of learning.  You get to go back and watch over and over again.  It's best to open and watch the tutorials while practicing in another window.  Just pause the tut and go try what you just viewed. This is what makes learning so easy.
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

hi guys!!

yes, tell us about your site, what you offer.
Image Image
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

That sounds fantastic and just what I need, as a beginner in digi.  I use CS3 so itis a trial by fire!
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by SarahA »

I've only digi scrapped, uh... this weekend. I've used templates both times.
If I wanted to do it without a template, do I just drag the papers, elements, etc. on to the workspace just like the templates?
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

ooo i like the pause feature :winkb:

So what types of tuts do you have? Is there a variety of levels for beginners and also those more familiar with the program?
Image Image
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

Yes Sarah. :)

Did you see the note about how to use PLACE too?
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by SarahA »

ICanHasCherryOnTop wrote: Yes Sarah. Image

Did you see the note about how to use PLACE too?
 Cool!
I saw that note- I'm trying it next time!
toNoodle
Cherry Tart

Post by toNoodle »

MamaK321 wrote: hi guys!!

yes, tell us about your site, what you offer.
Well we offer everything! We offer a large number of Photoshop video tutorials covering everything from the basics of the software like working with tools, bins, and pallettes to advanced things like creating custom brushes and photobooks, to taging and organizing your digital library, and replacing background in your photos. And of course we cover everything inbetween. 

We add new video content every month. We Like to take questions from users about the things that are stumping them and make a video that explains their answer. You can get better service than that when you have a question.

I have been working with photoshop CS for 15 years (since version 2.0) and I love sharing the information that I have in my head. I have worked with every function that Photoshop has to offer in my professional career and now I want to share it.

Cam   
Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

Hi

I just wanted to say that I love your tutorials. They are so cool, easy to understand both in speach and in what to do. So thank you :-D
ImageImageImageImageImage

toNoodle
Cherry Tart

Post by toNoodle »

Susanne_79 wrote: Hi

I just wanted to say that I love your tutorials. They are so cool, easy to understand both in speach and in what to do. So thank you :-D
That's what I like to hear!

Return to “Summer Crop 2008”