Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3699

Re: Scrap a Day, May 20th

Post by blbabe1234 »

trainmom wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:38 am
HI everyone! We spent the weekend at Zach's college graduation. Everything was perfect, including the weather which is a challenge in upstate NY. Also, there were no protesters derailing graduations which happened at other schools, but everyone was very worried about that, and there was a lot of security. The whole weekend was wonderful, I'll post some photos later.

Today I have laundry going on, cleaning my scrap room from NSD, putting pages in albums, stuff like that. And my cleaning guy is coming. Zach comes home today with a car full of stuff but then will leave Wednesday and come back with more stuff next week. We also took some stuff home with us yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!

Glad you had a wonderful weekend
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries. It's still morning right...barely...but still...AM. LOL.

I barely had time to relax yesterday from the vet appt, double birthday and a scholarship ceremony Saturday. Went to Sam's yesterday morning and did 6 loads of laundry and cleaned up my room. My feet were actually hurting...probably with all the shoe wearing I did Saturday and the fact I barely sat down all weekend.

Our contractors had some personal business to deal with this morning so they won't be here until the afternoon. Works out because this Monday has been INSANE work-wise, so I'm dealing with emails, and staff and IT. Plus it gives the girls some extra time with "freedom". Miss Penny was sunbathing earlier before it got HOT. This morning was nasty....80 degrees at 5:30 AM. Our humidity was 94%...our dew point was 80 degrees...heat index was 93. Ugh...heard that we will have an Excessive Heat Warnings all week. Whew..too early for that. We are currently sitting at 90 degrees at 11:45am (heat index is 102). What makes it extra brutal is that stupid smoke/haze from that darn Mexican fires is back. Makes it extra difficult to breathe.

I haven't even gotten started on any actual work yet...emails are still coming.....

Hope y'all have a great day.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1363

Post by VickiR »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 12:39 pm
VickiR wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:46 am
I was up at 4:30 after another restless night.  I am feeling better and hope to get some crafting done today.  Tonight DGD has a softball game and we may venture out to that.  It's getting up to 80 today and the humidity is starting.  Ugh!

Sorry you had a restless night. 
Thanks, Brandy.  I'm getting there.  Love your beautiful profile photo.  Glad you chose it.

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:01 am
VickiR wrote:
I was up at 4:30 after another restless night.  I am feeling better and hope to get some crafting done today.  Tonight DGD has a softball game and we may venture out to that.  It's getting up to 80 today and the humidity is starting.  Ugh!

Awww, Vicki, I'm sorry you had another restless night, but I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better! I hope your day and evening are nice! ☺️ 
Thanks Holly.  No worries, I'm getting there!

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

👋  all.  Well wishes to those who need it, congrats to Louise on her son’s graduation.  
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

VickiR wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 2:14 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 12:39 pm
VickiR wrote:

Sorry you had a restless night.  
Thanks, Brandy.  I'm getting there.  Love your beautiful profile photo.  Glad you chose it.

Thank you Vicki :)
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2442

Post by emmapaige »

trainmom wrote:
HI everyone! We spent the weekend at Zach's college graduation. Everything was perfect, including the weather which is a challenge in upstate NY. Also, there were no protesters derailing graduations which happened at other schools, but everyone was very worried about that, and there was a lot of security. The whole weekend was wonderful, I'll post some photos later.

Today I have laundry going on, cleaning my scrap room from NSD, putting pages in albums, stuff like that. And my cleaning guy is coming. Zach comes home today with a car full of stuff but then will leave Wednesday and come back with more stuff next week. We also took some stuff home with us yesterday.

I feel so bad for kids graduating from college this year since many of the ceremonies are being cancelled because of fear of demonstrators and safety for the students. These young adults already missed their high school graduations due to Covid. Glad Zach's graduation went well and congratulations to him. My granddaughter Paige graduated on May 12th and Emma graduates on June 2nd. Unfortunately, we couldn't / can't attend either. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 672

Post by Aztam »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:17 am
Aztam wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:02 am
Good luck on all the construction!

And Kristen I know you are ready to be finished witht the school year!!

We had a fun day celebrating a 6 year old. Her cousins and a friend came, along with multitude of grown-up family. Her nana made the cake (purple) which was quite tasty. There was a piñata that my son ended up breaking, and presents all with intermittent jumps in the bouncy castle. Since she can read now, she was able to understand the cards and know who gave her presents. That was such a wonderful thing to see.
We had some detours on the way home so ended up stopping to eat midway home. 
Olive Garden for the win!

We are back with the babe this morning. Both mom & babe are sleeping. So catching up on social med. until we can make noise.

Not a bad Monday!

Sounds like you've had an amazing time yesterday, Tam! ☺️ That's so awesome!
I hope y'all have another great day! 😊 
So far so good, they are both back asleep. Hubby ran to get a few groceries and I am finishing up some laundry. I may be taking a nap soon too tho! Haha

ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 672

Post by Aztam »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 12:40 pm
Aztam wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:02 am
Good luck on all the construction!

And Kristen I know you are ready to be finished witht the school year!!

We had a fun day celebrating a 6 year old. Her cousins and a friend came, along with multitude of grown-up family. Her nana made the cake (purple) which was quite tasty. There was a piñata that my son ended up breaking, and presents all with intermittent jumps in the bouncy castle. Since she can read now, she was able to understand the cards and know who gave her presents. That was such a wonderful thing to see.
We had some detours on the way home so ended up stopping to eat midway home. 
Olive Garden for the win!

We are back with the babe this morning. Both mom & babe are sleeping. So catching up on social med. until we can make noise.

Not a bad Monday!

The birthday party sounds like it was a success 

Oh yes, lots of activity. All the extended in-laws enjoyed seeing one another again. We are so lucky to get along with my son’s wife’s family. Next one will be in July!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1043

Post by pawprints »

VickiR wrote:

So glad you are feeling better today Vicki. ((Hugs))
 Image Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

aheatfan wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:32 am
Good luck with your projects Barb and Charleneanne.  Just stopping by on lunch break, still congested and tired from whatever is blooming outside.  Kiddos are being extra active today and I am ready to go home.  Just 12 more days of school - Can not wit for summer break.  Have a great day everyone  😊

Feel better Kristin.
 Image Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

trainmom wrote:

Wow Louise seems like you just sent him off to college not that long ago! Congratulations to him!
 Image Image Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

Last regular day of school and it was long and hot!  Exams tomorrow and Wednesday.  

I did manage to finish another Rewind challenge layout for Kristin's Movie Title challenge.  I used a Judy Garland movie. :)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 6:58 pm
Last regular day of school and it was long and hot!  Exams tomorrow and Wednesday.  

I did manage to finish another Rewind challenge layout for Kristin's Movie Title challenge.  I used a Judy Garland movie. :)

Love that gorgeous blue and the way you did the date on the banner is cool too
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

pawprints wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 6:22 pm
VickiR wrote:

So glad you are feeling better today Vicki. ((Hugs)) 
Thanks so much, Barb!  It's great to be in a vertical position.

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 6:58 pm

Great layout Laura! Love the split background and the greenery with the red and blue!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”