1.2.0 Beta 4 Available

Announcements concerning Beta testing

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

rony
Developer/Forum Admin

1.2.0 Beta 4 Available

Post by rony »

Cacti Open Beta 4

Cacti 1.2 Beta is here and been in development for little more than a year!

We have been focused on enhancing Cacti and fixing a lot of issues all over the last year. While we did not get all the enhancements we wanted into 1.2, only somewhere around 150+ enhancements and fixes, we believe it is time to release it into the wild.

As always we want to thank the people that use Cacti, participate on the Forums, submit issues and pull requests! We encourage people to get involved and help make Cacti better! This beta would not be possible without the efforts of the community members who have activity helped in testing, reporting issues and submitting fixes!

Thank You!

If you are interested in participating in the 1.2 Beta please visit the Community Forums Beta Section for more information.

Cacti 1.2.0 Beta Enhancements
  • Extensive update to the installation process making new installations and upgrading easier. Also includes a new command line upgrade script for those who want to use command line only.
  • Additional data collection debugging.
  • System notification to let you know when things are going wrong in Cacti.
  • User interface enhancement, not limited to but including, updated dialog boxes and form controls.
  • Database connection now supports SSL configuration.
  • Data input method whitelisting to mitigate potential malicious activities.
  • Graph trees can now be bookmarked once again! YAH!
  • Enhanced remote polling capabilities primarily around performance and offline functionality.
Cacti 1.2.0 Beta 2 Updates
  • Enhancement to sync remote pollers when device, graph or data source update occur.
  • Changes to data query reindexing to increase speed of the operation.
  • Update to SNMP data query to use ifName before ifDescr for the index value.
Cacti 1.2.0 Beta 3 Updates
  • Various bug fixes
  • Update to JavaScript library jstree.js to 3.3.7
  • Various enhancement to UI performance.
Cacti 1.2.0 Beta 4 Updates
  • Manual refresh needed after zooming a graph
  • Viewing graphs may not work in certain configurations
  • Invalid SQL when updating boost on demand cache
NOTE: Do not forget to run the database upgrade utility if you are applying Beta 4 to previous Beta or a clone of the develop branch. From the Cacti directory run php cli/upgrade_database.php --forcever=1.1.38 to run the database upgrade.

Download the Beta

https://www.cacti.net/downloads/beta/ca ... ta4.tar.gz
https://www.cacti.net/downloads/beta/ca ... -beta4.zip
https://www.cacti.net/downloads/beta/ca ... ta4.tar.gz

Translations

We need some help with translations! If you willing and able to help please consider helping out. Check out the contributing to translations section.

Documentation

Going forward there are considerable efforts being made to make sure we have an easy and effective way to create, managed and distribute documentation. In the 1.2 Beta you may notice that documentation has now been included and is accessible directly from the user interface making it more visible than it has ever previously been. If you are interested in helping make the documentation excellent then please do not hesitate to get involved and contribute on the Cacti Documentation repository.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]