Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1304 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Blank stderr_txt for Valid SN2S workunit

I happened to notice this Result Log for a Valid workunit:
Result Name: SN2S_ 4EL6_ 0000195_ 1395_ 0--
<core_client_version>7.0.64</core_client_version>
<![CDATA[
<stderr_txt>

</stderr_txt>
]]>

So there was none of the usual lines like Number of tasks = nn, Starting task 0,CPU time is 0.000000. Vina exited normal 0, called boinc_finish.
Despite that, the Workunit Status was:
SN2S_ 4EL6_ 0000195_ 1395_ 0-- 620 Valid 05/08/13 15:53:43 08/08/13 01:41:47 1.11 26.5 / 26.5
All SN2S units before and after this one had a normal stderr_txt. So there may be nothing wrong, but I've never noticed that situation before. Is there a simple explanation, or does it need raising as a problem?
[Aug 8, 2013 7:30:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Blank stderr_txt for Valid SN2S workunit

Fortunately, the public facing log is only a quick review and not relevant to the actual validation process. There's a more detailed one inside the result files that's used by the system i.e. IMO not a concern.

For techs, I'd like to repeat the request for also printing the OS info in the Result logs, that what gets printed in the message log of the client, the CPU info on top would be marvelous. Maybe something you'd like to include in the first build of the next new science ;?. Certainly would help to members to see patterns if there are any, of course, also a source of false positives, but that comes with the territory.

Thx.
[Aug 8, 2013 8:28:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Blank stderr_txt for Valid SN2S workunit

IMO not a concern.
Thanks, Rob.
[Aug 8, 2013 10:20:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread