Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 840 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
msim
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Computation Error

Just turned my computer on this morning. (Windows 10), was running 4 MCM units last night just fine, has been running units fine in general since we started getting workloads again. This morning I had 3 of the 4 quit out due to "Computation errors"... is this a known problem? Any ideas?

Thanks.
[Feb 11, 2023 7:26:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Computation Error

What OS are you using ? Was there perhaps a power glitch overnight, even a momentary one ? Has your system been running for a long time ? Is there any information in the logs ?

Cheers
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Feb 11, 2023 9:03:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
msim
Cruncher
Project Badges:

As I said, Windows 10. shut down or hibernated my computer last night. Turned it back on. This is nothing out of the ordinary. I do this all the time. It wasn't running all night. It's a laptop. Just haven't seen such a glitch in a long long time, and it didn't error on them all, just three out of four.
[Feb 13, 2023 8:05:12 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Sorry I missed the OS in the original post. Since it is a laptop, have you ever experienced any heat issues with this machine ?

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Feb 13, 2023 3:14:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
floepvanbrugge
Cruncher
Project Badges:

for me same problem on my both machines the last days several errors
[Feb 27, 2023 3:50:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

for me same problem on my both machines the last days several errors
Given that there were nothing but a handful of resends since at least Friday, it could quite well be that those were "faulty" WUs. I have a couple of those as well, while other WUs that made it ran perfectly fine on the same machine, at the same time.

But by now, the well has run dry and nobody in Toronto seems to be out of their weekend hibernation just yet... sad

Ralf

[Feb 27, 2023 4:17:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread