Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1003 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
biggrin fcg1 5.05, Decrypthon ?

The Beta Test for a new Project.
There will be 2 new project which come from non-English speaking countries.
This one :
Is it the Decrypthon (French Muscular Dystrophy project) or the second new project which was predicted ? biggrin

8th and 9th December, there is the Telethon on the TV,
30 hours of emission non stop (on the 2 public channels :France2 and France 3), and they will speak a lot about Decrypthon
http://www.telethon.fr/
http://www.decrypthon.fr/
http://www.afm-france.org/

Otherwise wink

Perfect crunch with my Pentium 4, 3.4 Ghz, Windows XP, 512 Mo Ram
9 workunits and 9 sucess.

CPU Time (hours) : 3.25 to 5.95
Claimed/ Granted BOINC Credit : 22 / 20 to 40 / 41
Ram : 3.7 to 15,0 Mo
----------------------------------------
[Edit 8 times, last edit by Former Member at Nov 11, 2006 3:37:23 PM]
[Nov 11, 2006 2:28:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Re: fcg1 5.05, Decrypthon ?

If we tell u we would have to go and apply extreme measures ;>)

By enrolling into the beta program you've signed a non-disclosure agreement....read the very very very fine print ;>)))))))

Patience, if the beta goes well, you'll have the confirmation, whatever it is in a few weeks time. It simply cannot be discussed.

cheers
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Nov 11, 2006 2:38:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

No, it's not Decrypthon. You will have to wait for the project launch to find out more.

Glad the beta went well. As you can see, this one is going to have lower system requirements, which will be a nice change.
[Nov 11, 2006 2:39:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks whistling
[Nov 11, 2006 2:43:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

cool
It is official
The Carbone project will be a World Community Grid project applause

http://www.decrypthon.fr/ewb_pages/a/actualit...eef7834fcfcef17de7f026fa4

http://www.boinc-af.org/

Novembre 2006 - Le projet Carbone arrive sur la grille
Le projet de Docking/Modeling moléculaire (ou étude de l’assemblage/modélisation des molécules) de A Carbone et coll. (INSERM U511 et 582, LIP6 – UMR CNRS 7606 et CNRS UPR 9080, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI) va rejoindre le « World Community Grid », pour utiliser la formidable puissance de calcul développée dans ce programme.
L’objectif est d’effectuer la modélisation des interactions protéine/protéine, protéine/ADN des milliers de protéines dont la structure en 3 dimensions (3D) est connue, et disponibles dans la base de données GDB.
Dans un premier temps l'équipe de recherche d'A. Carbone va porter sur l'étude de 168 protéines dont les interactions sont connues. Cette première phase, qui a été estimée à 13 siècles sur un PC de 2 Giga Hertz devrait durer 4 ou 5 mois sur la grille WCG. Elle doit permettre la validation d'un algorithme visant à diminuer la zone de recherche des interactions protéiniques et ainsi le nombre de calculs nécessaires à leur détermination. Si l'algorithme fonctionne, et cela fera l'objet d'une analyse une fois les premiers résultats obtenus, l'équipe Carbone devrait pouvoir traiter dans un deuxième temps environ de 4000 protéines.
L’activité d’une molécule dépend de sa structure en 3 D et de ses interactions avec les autres molécules. Pour comprendre l’activité biologique des molécules qui interagissent entre elles, et si possible la modifier, il faut d’abord identifier leur structure en 3D, mais aussi le nombre d’atomes qui la composent et la nature de chaque molécule, les régions où s’effectuent les interactions et leur mécanisme à l’échelon atomique.
Les méthodes de « Docking ou Modeling moléculaire » sont des méthodes théoriques et de calcul de modélisation du comportement des molécules et de leurs interactions. Ces méthodes permettent d’explorer la structure de systèmes biologiques, tel que le repliement des molécules sur elles-mêmes ou leur structure en 3D, et leurs interactions à l’échelon des atomes (qui sont les plus petites unités de la matière). Des modèles mathématiques sont utilisés pour définir, en fonction de caractéristiques physico-chimiques, les forces ou interactions (par exemple des liaisons chimiques) qui s’établissent entre les atomes. A partir de molécules dont la structure est connue, des séries successives d’études des interactions sont produites, et des scores attribués aux liaisons prédites. Les liaisons étudiées pourraient se comparer à la correspondance entre une serrure et une série de clefs ou une main et une série de gants. Une seule molécule étant constituée de centaines d’atomes, l’étude des liaisons entre deux ou plusieurs molécules suppose des dizaines ou des centaines de milliers de calculs.
Pour la plupart des molécules et en particulier pour les protéines dont sont faits les êtres vivants, les propriétés physico-chimiques et biologiques sont inconnues.
Le séquençage de différents génomes, dont celui de l’homme, a permis l’identification d’un grand nombre de protéines jusque là inconnues. Même pour les molécules dont on connaissait certaines propriétés, les éventuelles interactions avec d’autres molécules que celles impliquées dans les processus connu, sont inconnues.

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Former Member at Nov 22, 2006 10:44:44 PM]
[Nov 22, 2006 9:50:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
depriens
Senior Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

Ahhhh, where's my 3-year french lesson when I need it!? crying wink I studied it for 3 years, and I have to admit, it was SO interesting that I cannot remember anything of it. blushing
Anyone feel free to translate?? In the meantime I will try babelfish.altavista.com
Tnx! cool

[Edit 1 times, last edit by depriens at Nov 23, 2006 6:50:02 PM]
[Nov 23, 2006 6:49:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Ahhhh, where's my 3-year french lesson when I need it!? crying wink I studied it for 3 years, and I have to admit, it was SO interesting that I cannot remember anything of it. blushing

Similar for me and the english nerd
9-year of english lesson but I have learn nothing laughing

The leader of the carbone project http://www.ihes.fr/%7Ecarbone/
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Nov 23, 2006 10:53:14 PM]
[Nov 23, 2006 10:49:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Similar for me and the english nerd
9-year of english lesson but I have learn nothing laughing

Me also. Thanks to Babel fish ( http://babelfish.altavista.com/ ) we in the computer world get some help:
The objective is to carry out the modeling of the interactions protéine/protéine, protéine/ADN of the thousands of proteins of which the structure in 3 dimensions (3d) is known, and available in the data base GDB.
Initially, research will relate to the study of 168 proteins whose interactions are known. This first phase, which was estimated at 13 centuries on a PC of 2 Giga Hertz should last 4 or 5 months on grid WCG. It must allow the validation of an algorithm aiming to decrease the zone of research of the proteinic interactions, and thus to restrict the number of calculations necessary to their determination. If the algorithm functions, and that is the subject of an analysis once the first results obtained, the Carbone team should be able to treat in the second time approximately of 4000 proteins.
[Nov 25, 2006 4:39:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread